Provant CIO authors article on security and database architecture
EAST GREENWICH, R.I.,
Real-time information exchanges between customers and products/services facilitated by IoT, the ever-increasing number of devices that are connected to the internet, and the resultant need for companies to incorporate IoT considerations into strategic planning and enterprise architecture are covered in Basiliere’s article.
Among the many benefits of IoT is the connectivity of a wide range of devices which helps companies to quickly understand how customers use a product or service, and recognize any problems they have. This speed of knowledge allows to companies to intercede and mitigate issues promptly.
Basiliere also points out that the broad extent of device connectivity has a downside in the increased potential for security risks. Improper or lax architecture can leave data susceptible to hacks. CIOs must find ways to protect networks and control connections.
With his deep experience in IT and his understanding of the advantages and consequences of technological developments as they transition from infancy to maturity, Basiliere sees the opportunities that IoT offers and the steps that CIOs need to take to benefit from it.
Basiliere has these recommendations:
- Understand the data that is transmitted back and forth between your company, vendors, and customers, and how that data flows.
- Develop expertise in a wide variety of devices that are used by your industry’s professionals, customers, and employees.
- Determine with which devices your applications need to integrate.
- Decide when and where your products should be fitted with IoT sensors so real-time information can be relayed.
- Keep IoT in mind when architecting your applications and databases.
- Integrate IoT into your business strategy.
If your organization is considering a well-being program with a secure and innovative platform for your workforce, contact Provant at Connect@ProvantHealth.com for more information.
Provant, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
For more information contact: